Our purpose is to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.
Submitted by jonathan on Sunday, 28 January 2007 - 5:59pm
Here are some things you can do to help Whitewater NZ in its mission "to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely":
- Join Whitewater NZ directly as an Individual Member, or sign-up with a local club (refer list of clubs). If you are involved with a company, school or polytech, or government organisation, have them become an Associate Member.
- Invite a friend to join.
Donate funds via Credit Card (Paypal), or by sending a cheque made out to the 'Whitewater NZ' to PO Box 284, Wellington.
- Add a bequest to your will: It's important for all sorts of reasons to have a will. You can support Whitewater NZ by making a bequest with words along the lines of "I give to Whitewater New Zealand Incorporated a ______________ share of my Estate (or the sum of $________) for its general purposes. A receipt given on behalf of the Association will be a complete discharge to my trustees for the gift."
- Keep a Logbook: a logbook can support conservation, education and social aspects of paddling.
- Send us a trip report, photos or articles for publication (in NZ Canoeing) and online.
- Keep us informed of conservation, access and safety issues in your region (especially hydro or irrigation issues); an email to email@example.com will do the trick.
- Get involved in conservation, access and safety issues in your region. For example, by monitoring resource consent applications and making a submission.
- Offer your time for a position on the Executive, or in one of our many projects.
- Buy New Zealand Whitewater or the Guide to the Whanganui River through the Whitewater NZ.
- Make use of releases that have been negotiated Whitewater NZ to ensure they continue.
- Talk to other groups such as schools, tramping clubs about the kayaking experience.