Our purpose is to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.

Partner/s for kayaking South/Stewart Islands Feb-Mar 2017 sought

Hi there, tena koutou,

I'll be visiting the southern islands From February 11 - March 31, 2017 and hoping to get some kayaking done. I'm looking for someone interested in joining me, since many of the kayak hire places will not rent out to a solo paddler.

The first goal is Stewart Island, where I propose to kayak across Paterson Inlet (one day), walk the Southern Circuit and paddle back to Oban from Freshwater Hut.

After that I want to do the Dusky Track from south to north, and paddle back across Lake Manapouri (two days).

In March the top end of the South Island (Queen Charlotte/Abel Tasman) is on the programme.

In addition to my day job I am a kayak instructor at my university's sports club, so even a novice would be welcome, but you will have to do your own walking (and swimming if necessary).

Contact me here on the forum or via facebook where I am lee.traynor.9.

Cheers, Lee

SkepticaLee's picture

Hi,

The first of my proposed trips is operational, i.e it will take place: End of Dusky Track to Manapouri on March 3/4.

You can either tramp the Dusky Track with us, or accompany the kayaks in the ferry across Lake Manapouri to West Arm and join us there.

Further details as they become available will be published at: http://www.skeptic.de/blog/kvi/?page_id=27

As we leave for the Dusky Track on Feb 23, contact before that date is essential.

Cheers, Lee

This site is a beta version.