Our purpose is to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.
Home / 2016 AGM and Canoeist of the Year
2016 AGM and Canoeist of the Year
Submitted by jonathan on Sunday, 28 August 2016 - 7:39pm
On Saturday 27 July, Whitewater NZ held its Annual General Meeting at University of Canterbury, Christchurch. We reviewed the previous year's achievements and challenges (PDF, 1.3MB). Other highlights included:
- Ian Fox updated attendees regarding improvements to the Tekapo Whitewater Course.
- Matt Bennett gave a thought-provoking presentation analysing patterns of thinking that can aggravate risks when experts are kayaking together.
- An amendment to the constitution to move to an annual financial review of accounts instead of an audit was passed.
- We welcome Nigel Parry as President, Robin Rutter-Baumann as Vice-president, Ashley 'Cheese' Cheesman as Safety Officer, Carey Lintott as Communications Officer, and Justin Venable as Membership Officer. Thanks to departing Exec members Graeme Wilson (Vice-president), Shaun McCracken (Safety), Martina Naplawa (Communications), Peter Davis (Membership) for their hard work over several years.
- Some strong candidates were nominated as , with Luuka Jones winning the award in recognition of her achievement at the Rio Olympics.
Full minutes are available.