The future of hydro power generation on New Zealand's West Coast
A film by Dave Kwant & Bill Parks
Brought to you by To a Tee Ltd. and Whitewater NZ
A documentary looking at the struggle for power on NZ's beautiful West Coast. The Coast is desperate for power; it has huge hydro potential and consequently there are a large number of schemes seeking consent. We look at two very different schemes that are currently consented but awaiting appeal. The Mokihinui proposal involves a huge dam on a pristine wild river; the HDL Stockton proposal involves a small dam capturing polluted minewater and generating power from it. It sounds like a no-brainer doesn't it?
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpggUgoeLHI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTFhKec3zx0
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qeQ5gKOvdg
- Auckland, 26 October 2010
- TVNZ6, 13 September 2010 (Conservation Week)
- TVNZ6, 14 September 2010 (Conservation Week)
- TVNZ6, 16 September 2010 (Conservation Week)
- TVNZ6, 18 September 2010 (Conservation Week)
- Hokitika, 12 August 2010
- Westport, 11 August 2010
- Greymouth, 10 August 2010
- New Zealand Mountain Film Festival, Wanaka, 4 July 2010
Watch our calendar for showings at a town near you.
"A Tale of Two Rivers" is available on DVD, $15NZD incl. P&P (within NZ). Contact us for details.