There are many ways in which you can assist Whitewater NZ.
Here are some things you can do to help Whitewater NZ in its mission "to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely":
- Join Whitewater NZ directly as an Individual Member, or sign-up with a local club (refer list of clubs). If you are involved with a company, school or polytech, or government organisation, have them become an Associate Member.
- Invite a friend to join.
Donate funds via Credit Card (Paypal), or by sending a cheque made out to the 'Whitewater NZ' to PO Box 284, Wellington.
- Add a bequest to your will: It's important for all sorts of reasons to have a will. You can support Whitewater NZ by making a bequest with words along the lines of "I give to Whitewater New Zealand Incorporated a ______________ share of my Estate (or the sum of $________) for its general purposes. A receipt given on behalf of the Association will be a complete discharge to my trustees for the gift."
- Keep a Logbook: a logbook can support conservation, education and social aspects of paddling.
- Send us a trip report, photos or articles for publication (in NZ Canoeing) and online.
- Keep us informed of conservation, access and safety issues in your region (especially hydro or irrigation issues); an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will do the trick.
- Get involved in conservation, access and safety issues in your region. For example, by monitoring resource consent applications and making a submission.
- Offer your time for a position on the Executive, or in one of our many projects.
- Buy New Zealand Whitewater or the Guide to the Whanganui River through the Whitewater NZ.
- Make use of releases that have been negotiated Whitewater NZ to ensure they continue.
- Talk to other groups such as schools, tramping clubs about the kayaking experience.