The hearing committee who will decide if the MOKAU DAM goes ahead are doing a site inspection on 3 August. A presence on the river that day is worth a try as the committee would see for themsleves how much we value this unique but soon to be inundated piece of NZ whilewater.
If you do decide to go you might just check with me 027 444 7779 to make sure thay have not changed the date. Alan Bell
The hearing is in Te Kuiti from 31 July to 10 August. NZRCA and others will be putting our case agaibst the dam on Aug 8th. Moral support is welcome, the hearing is open to the public (in the Arts and Culture Centre)