kayak documentary

Forums: 

Hi to anyone who will read this. Dont know much about it but I saw a documentary (sky sport)on some radical dudes who did a whole heap of rivers including aratiatia rapids, nevis bluff and a westcoast beach surfing masive waves. If I am correct, is the guy who was in charge of the vid named Ben Brown? and there was a South African guy too who was also amazing. Anyway, my question is, I wanted to get hold of the footage and watch it again for personal development for paddling. Is it for sale somewhere? or has someone got a copy i could buy? thank you. email me or txt on 027 2040773

wilz's picture

Thank you to all who responded. I now have enough leads to the video. And sorry for coming through the conservation section to ask. thank you.

pete's picture

I can help you Wil. You have mail.

wilz's picture

thank you for the reply. Is the footage actually sold anywhere in NZ? I am really keen on owning a copy as I was blowin away and inspired how they acheived the goals as myself am training to paddle Huka Falls a long time dream of mine. thank you.

jonathan's picture

The video you're thinking of is the Red Bull Roots Tour including kiwi kayakers Ben Brown, Jared Meehan and Greg Thomas, and South African Steve Fisher. They run Aratiatia (bottom 1/3), Maruia Falls, Styx (where Fisher escapes from a pin), surf at Greymouth, run the Fox, Arahura (x2), Perth, Nevis Bluff, Hollyford/Marian Creek, then Aratiatia whole run.

Trailer:
Some pics:
It was discussed on this site earlier

[%sig%]