Rescue Course Providers

Hi. Just looking for contact details on providers of river rescue courses in the upper Nth Island (Taupo northwards). I have seen the ones listed on this site, but know there are more who aren't listed. There are about 10 of us who want to do a 2 day course before Christmas. Any info appreciated.

don.paterson's picture

Nothing planned at this stage Mike, but I'm flexible and on demand. I can move location, run a river safety or river rescue.
cheers
don

mike9's picture

is there any courses held in 04'
cheers

don.paterson's picture

I am running a "River Safety" course 6, 7 Dec in North Taranaki. There are still a couple of places available.

This, being along the lines of the NZRCA sylabus, makes participants who are members or affiliates of the Assoc, elegible for the $45 WaterSafety grant.

steve.glassey's picture

The Rescue 3 International Swiftwater Rescue First Responder (NFPA1670 Operations Level) course is being held in Taupo 13-14 December.

Two day Technician (SRT1) courses will be held in 2004 for those who have completed the two day Responder course.

Course fee $150 - must supply own wetsuit, helmet, pfd, lunch etc.

Be in quick, only a few places left.

For futher information/application form:

contact

Steve Glassey

ian.ruthven's picture

Hi

We are running one on 13-14 Dec.

See details on www.rapids.co.nz

Ian
Taupo Kayak School

matt.barker's picture

If donalds dates dont suit your crowd then I could run a 2 or 3 day kayak specific safety and rescue course based around taupo for you before christmas, let me know what suits, Matt Barker

sunspots.kayak.shop's picture

I am running kayak Rescue course on the 15th-16th Nov and again on the 1st - 2nd Feb.
All welcome max number apply for more details e mail donald@sunspots.co.nz or 07 3624222

ben29's picture

Sure Guido. I figured you'd want to do the course before the Sth Island this summer anyway. I'll keep you posted on what's happening.

Guido's picture

Hey Ben,

Would you mind if I join your group? I'm from Auckland and missed out on our last course. Still I'm xtremely keen on doing one and be4 christmas is my aim. Unfortunately I'm on my own so need some fellow chaps to do it with..

Cheers,
Guido

juan's picture

Sunspots in Rotorua does a lot of kayak rescue courses they are really good because they are kayak specific not rafting or climbing courses.
A group of us did one last summer and we all learnt lots.
j