Boat Slave this Summer?

Hi, I'm Sarah, 21 from NZ. I'm overseas right now but I want to come home and really pick up my kayaking. I'm looking for a company that does something similar to being a boat slave/apprenticeship from January onwards? Even if I can help out for a few weeks somewhere? The highest Iv'e paddled is 2+ but I have skills in High Ropes, Rock and Bush.
Thanks

PaddlerZone's picture

Hi Sarah,

We are looking for someone from the beginning of October/November to the second week of April, with the busiest season from December to February, to help customers both in the shop and on the water with whatever they need, help out at the shop with gear and projects, wash kayaks as they come back in, drive for Waimak trips, etc, etc.

This is a very varied and active position in a customer service oriented company that encourages employees to learn as much as you can about all forms of kayaking and paddlesports. You'd be welcome to join any courses/trips that have an empty space on them (as long as you aren't scheduled to drive for that same trip of course), and would have the entire hire fleet to play with while you work for our company - plus the added bonus of employee discounts on new gear. We are also associated with all the kayaking clubs in town, so you'll also have plenty of interaction with them and their trips if you are interested in boosting your skills even more.

If this position sounds interesting, please send us your resume with a cover letter explaining why you want the position and what you could bring to our team.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Dana

--
PaddlerZone
Shop 2/7 Pilgrim Place
Christchurch
Ph (0064) 3 372 3353 (03-3PADDLE)
Fax (0064) 3 372 3354
info@paddlerzone.co.nz
www.paddlerzone.co.nz
Open 7 days a week all year