Mokau River / Little Aratiatia

Be aware that at 1.5 on the gauge a large portion of water is going under a seive to the left of the narrow slot on little aratiatia.A high flows this may wash out??It appears to me that a rock may have moved here.

ali's picture

There is a sive over there too, pretty nasty if you blow the move going through the slot. Its the nature of big boulder gardens. The big water that has been round this seson will have moved all sorts of stuff, some easy to see, some not.

gareth3's picture

personal, ill go hard right as i can.

danriley's picture

I did it by myself the other day at 1.5 and since it was my first time and it was almost dark I went left at the narrow slot sliding through the gap on the other side of the first rock which was easy enough and avoided the hole and rock straight through the slot. It makes a nice sneak route for people at their limit or if your not feeling the best. Just catch the first eddy behind the big rock in the middle (you can do this from either side), then cross over to the eddy on river left, once here aim for the small poor-over river left of the main flow which drops into the next eddy then eddy out and boof of the last drop.