help needed

Hi, I am looking for people keen to help out with my year 13 (7th form) kayaking trip. We need anyone with paddling experience to come down the Rangatikei river, dropping in at Utiku, camping the night at Mangaweka, paddling through to ohingaiti. Anyone who is available that if an incident was to happen that would be a part of the solution rather than the problem would be helpful. The dates for the three classes are 23rd/24th, 26th/27th, 30th/31st of march. We can pay you for your time. Anyone interested, and preferably qualified, please contact me at jwhite6@gmail.com. Cheers.

Glenn's picture

Jason

I would encourage you to look at trained club or professional instructors, who have completed instructional, river safety and river rescue training.

Also see http://rivers.org.nz/article/code-of-practice.

Regards,

Glenn
Safety Officer
NZRCA

jwhite's picture

We have the trip sorted now, thanks to everyone who offered to help

sophie's picture

Hi Jason. I could be keen to help out too if your still looking. My number is 027 251 3504 or flick me an email

Thanks Sophie

danriley's picture

Hi Jason, what grade is the trip? I'm interested if its not flat. I would prefer grade 2-3 since it's learners and would be comfortable looking after people who have no experence on that.

Cheers
Dan