What If

Forums: 

Something stuck me as I read the 2011 Annual Report and looked at all the work the Exec are doing (and good on them for doing it)

A few years ago I helped scribe:
"Our purpose is to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely"

This ropes Whitewater NZ into doing all the hard work allows members to "purchase" the services of Whitewater NZ Exec with a clear conscience rather than be called to action (and at a bargain basement price to boot)

I wonder how different it would be if instead we had written:

"We enable the Whitewater community to preserve New Zealand's whitewater resources and enjoy them safely"

Just a thought.

Robin
------------------------------------

"To lead people, walk beside them ... As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate ... When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves!'"
— Lao-tsu

"No institution can possibly survive if it needs geniuses or supermen to manage it. It must be organized in such a way as to be able to get along under a leadership composed of average human beings."
— Peter Drucker