Looking for paddlers round Auckland/mid North Island for weekend boating

Forums: 

Hey all,
I'm looking for some paddling buddies for occasional weekend trips and good times, even if its only heading out to the beach for a bit of surfing. Looking to ease into a bit of grade 3ish before doing grade 4-5 again. I've paddled quite a few of the usual rivers round the central North Island, some down South and overseas.
I'm also keen on doing the Whakapapa and other more rain/snow-melt-dependant rivers which aren't commonly run.... Anything's good really!

Cheers,
Roger

Chris PR's picture

I'll be in Turangi September 5, 6, 7 and 8 fishing but will have my packraft if you want to have a paddle in the Tongariro. I am on zero two one six six three zero nine six.

Cheers

French Alps's picture

Hey thanks guys,
Haven't been able to get out much recently still, but would definitely be keen on the Tongariro and paddling around there. Have managed to hook up with AUCC but need to get the skill levels up again :)

TerryL's picture

Give me a text 0274964656 and I'll put you on the contact list for what Waikato Kayak Club is up to. Mokau and K Gorge this weekend.
Also I can put you in touch with the Hair Boater Boys if we're to tame for you

Chris PR's picture

Hi Roger,

Am looking for paddling partners too - I have done a bunch of grade II and III North Island rivers in my packraft (www.alpackaraft.com) including remote sections of the Whakapapa. I have taken a lesson on the Kaituna this year and am keen to keep the paddling up. I am off to Turangi once this month and again next month and will do some paddling in the Tongariro and other rivers.

Get in touch if you are still at a loose end and we can sort something out.

Cheers

Chris

KTron's picture

The Waikato Kayak Club is also quite active also. You can find them on Facebook... There is a group at the Wairoa most Sundays plus other trips when the water flows.

French Alps's picture

Thanks mate, sounds like a plan :)

icekayak's picture

Hey Roger
Get in touch with the Auckland Uni Canoe Club http://www.aucc.org.nz/
There is lots of good times coming up in the next month or so, and someone is paddling somewhere most weekends.
If your quick and have a car there is Ful james this coming weekend down Taupo!