Wanted: Regular paddling buddies - Rotorua area

Forums: 

Im new to the Rotorua area and want to get out on the water some more - but want to do this with a regular group that I can get to know and trust.

I had previously been with a kayaking club with semi-regular trips and haven't had any luck finding a non-competitive whitewater group or club in this area. I have followed the standing recommendation of just turning up to the put-in and asking but ended up with some pretty serious types or very competent raft guides that can make you feel like you know nothing.

Im a comfortable grade 3 paddler wanting to build up the skills to occasionaly tackle some fun grade 4 and get to know lots of different runs in the area. Although Im not competitive I do enjoy the atmosphere of the events and will do some of them (did the xmas at kaitinua last year)

Aaron

harlu's picture

Hey Im in the area on the 3rd of september and was going to go down the Kaituna. If your keen and around give me a texted 0212698760.

TerryL's picture

Likewise with the Waikato Club. We're often in the area and if you don't mind a little bit of traveling you could join us on our other trips. We also have members in Rotorua that I can put you in touch with. We paddle right through the year and have members paddling everything from easy stuff right through to Beavis and Butthead stuff. If you want Text 0274964656 and I'll put you on our contact list. This goes for any others out there as well looking to get out on club trips

Duncs96's picture

Hey mate, we''re taupo based but head out pretty regularly. Give me a shout on 0221509680. Cheers. Dave