paddler weight?

Forums: 

can someone please tell me the ideal weight for a paddler to paddle a blitz special? Ive heard that anything above 70kg+ is too heavy! is there anybody out there that is paddling a blitz special that is heavier? thank you kindly.

jason's picture

Next time you are heading out for thrash in the lyall give me a call especially if it is 3m. I probably be there anyway if it that big.

mike9's picture

the seat can be easily shifted back and forth to center your weight if the nose dives a bit. the new blitzes can be adjusted on the spot no fiddiling so if your testing one have a play with were it is and see.

wilz's picture

cheers guys, you've been a real help on making my decision in buying one, hopefully I can handle it in the 3m surf!! Lyall Bay Welllington! catch ya.

kayneo's picture

Im 80+ and have paddled the blitz spec on and off since it came out. Optimal weigths are exactly that. Infact I find that sometimes having some extra weight mitigates the need for perfect tecnique whilst playing. Each to their own really. It will just depend on skill level. If you fit in why not paddle it I say.

ali's picture

I'm 72kg and loved mine, super easy to throw down, and still loose as, I had a blitz brfore I got my spec and it was just more of a good thing.
if the ends catch, just throw and wheel out of it, sweet.

ali's picture

I'm 72 and loved mine, super easy to throw down, and still loose as, I had a blitz brfore I got my spec and it was just more of a good thing.
if the ends catch, just throw and wheel out of it, sweet.