river runner that plays: I3 or Juice?

Whitewater NZ launches new website

Get your whitewater news and events from whitewater.nz

Buy, Sell, Swap is now at whitewater.nz/market-place.

More details soon...

Forums: 

Anyone paddled the I3 and / or Juice? I need to buy a river runner / work boat (instructing and guiding up to grade 3) but something that I can also play in would be nice. Or are these boats too small for rescue and safety and should I just get a GT instead? I'm a @!#$ playboater so mostly would want to surf and spin - not looking for air or anything fancy.

ian3's picture

The Liquis Logic L'il Joe and Hoss are here now. See Venture Out in Chch (130 Montreal St, ph 03-9631940).

Ian.

kieron0's picture

I3 rocks mate. I'm 90kgs & paddle the 223 (large) Go for one size up if you're not sure.

Spins, surfs well, and faaast for its length - like, ridiculously so. Ferrying over to a hole/wave I can end up too high if I'm not looking!

Can't throw ends in it yet (easy in the medium size), but that's just bad technique :)

rhydian0's picture

i have an I3 and use it for the exact purpose you are looking for. although you dont want to be rescuing to many 100kg paddlers

kayakshop1's picture

Try these! there will be demo boats around the country in the next week, they are the newest 2004 design kick @!#$ river runners check them out on www.liquidlogickayaks.com