Coming to NZ in October

Forums: 

Hi all,
I'll be coming to New Zealand October 10-17 to attend a conference in Christchurch. I want to stay for a week afterwards to do some paddling. From what I have heard and read Murchison is the place to be for paddling but I also realze that October is early spring in NZ. I am a class II-III boater and have only been boating for 3 months, but this is a chance of a lifetime for me and I would like to make the best of it. Can anyone recommend places to rent equipment and boats. Also would anyone be willing to show me some rivers that early in the season? Have a great day.

SYOTR,

John

ian3's picture

Hi John,
If you are in Chch, you can hire boats from us at VentureOut. The time you are planning on paddling includes a holiday weekend, so there should be plenty of boaters in Murch. My club here in Chch (details at www.whitewater.inet.net.nz) usually has a trip up that way around then. You would be welcome to paddle with us.

See you there,

Ian.

VentureOut
130 Montreal Street
Christchurch
+64 3 9631940
www.ventureout.co.nz
info@ventureout.co.nz (or ian@...)

KT's picture

In Murch you can hire gear at the kayak school and also hire guides who will take you where ever you want. If your up there by yourself you can somtimes hook up with other people to go paddling with