Super Rad or 185??

Forums: 

Help a Canadian out :) I am trying to decide between a Super Rad or a Rad 185 - I am 175cm and 83 kg - I have sat in a Rad 185 and like that I can get my knees out wide taking the pressure off my hips and that I can get my feet turned out which is something that I have struggled with in other boats ... I am kind of concerned about the size/volume of the boat though - it seems a bit large compared to what I am used to - Is it a sterny boat?

Any thoughts as to whether based on my weight and height and what I have said here whether I would be better in the Super Rad? is it as comfortable upfront? would I be to big for it? And just to make things difficult any thoughts on the Smoothy - saw one for the first time on the Ottawa last week but have not heard to much about it ...

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful

Jon

boaterboy888's picture

if you only going to be doing play boating in it and not so much river running then go small. you can always add volume by putting a plate on your cockpit under you spray deck but you will have to put weight on if it is two big. im 175 tall and 80kg and paddle a spicalizt. and thats all good. if you want to do more river running in it too then go for the bigger one.

Ryan Hunt's picture

I would go for the smallest one I could comfortably fit into, for playing anyway. Iv paddled a smoothie and theyre nice river runners...