- 3 weekend releases on the upper and lower Tongariro per year (35 cumecs on the lower Tongariro on the Saturday, 30 cumecs on the upper Tongariro on the Sunday)
- 2 natural flow days on the Whakapapa River, with backup days
- 1 flushing flow on the Moawhango for use as a recreational flow also
- The construction of an artificial playhole on the Wairehu Canal
- The establishment of a trust fund to assist in the development of young kayakers.
While this agreement is still not finalised in terms of the big picture, the NZRCA has reached agreement with Genesis as a start. Hopefully the final outcome will be just as positive once it has been presented to the other parties and the Environment Court.